We know how busy your schedules can be. And because of that, we also know it can be difficult to find the time to stay on track with regular dentist appointments, even when you have the best intentions. But, as any dental professional will tell you, it’s imperative that these appointments are kept up – there is a great deal that goes on during these seemingly routine check-ups and cleanings that make them so important.
Here are just a few of the steps taken by your dental team during a regular dental visit:
- Examining for tooth decay
- Head and neck inspections
- Gum disease, oral cancer, and general oral disease check
- Lymph node, TMJ, and tongue examination
- Checking oral tissues and gums
- Overall assessment of dental health
- X-rays (when needed)
- Removal of plaque and tartar
- Tooth polishing and flossing
- Oral hygiene guidance to ensure you keep up good dental habits at home
There are many examinations and actions involved in routine check-ups to ensure that your dental health is optimal. This is why it’s recommended that you visit your dentist twice a year (or more, if requested), so that all of these items are checked regularly and any changes can be documented and treated in a timely manner.
If your busy schedule is keeping you from making those important dental appointments, give us a call. While Southeast Dental does keep regular office hours, we also offer Sunday appointments when needed. And with our online appointment form, it’s never been easier to schedule your cleaning! Always remember – by keeping up with regularly scheduled check-ups and cleanings, plus practicing proper oral hygiene at home, you are taking preventative measures while keeping your teeth and gums healthy.