The days are getting shorter, the end of summer is getting nearer, and that can only mean one thing – back-to-school is just around the corner. While the beginning of a new school year can mean a long to-do list for parents, it’s important to make sure that your children’s dental health is a priority on that list. But don’t worry! We’re here to help.
Here are some easy tips to get your child back-to-school ready:
- Schedule a dental check-up for the end of summer: It’s a good idea to start the school year knowing that you child’s mouth is cavity free, clean, and ready to get back to school. Get in touch with your Markham dental professionals at Southeast Dental to book your appointment.
- Plan healthy snacks and lunches: We all know that sugary snacks are bad for their health in general, but adding teeth-cleaning snacks like apples and carrots are a great way to make sure your kids’ teeth get a cleaning during their day at school.
- Get a brand new toothbrush: The end of summer should be the end of an old, bacteria-ridden toothbrush – a new school start and a brand new toothbrush go hand in hand!
- Start a brushing & flossing routine that fits around their school schedule: If your child already responds to a dental health routine, it’s important to continue one that fits their school routine – brushing and flossing every morning, and brushing at night before bed. Routine will help kids continue cleaning their teeth each day by habit.
- A healthy breakfast to start every day: Skip the sugar-filled cereals that cause cavities, and opt for healthy breakfasts like steel-cut oatmeal, or whole wheat toast and fruit. These healthy meals will also keep your child full until lunch, preventing them from grabbing unhealthy snacks in between meals.
With these dental tips, your child will be ready for the new school year! If you have any questions or need to make an appointment, call us at 905-471-2002 or email us.